Sunday, March 6, 2011

Winter Inspiration

The beaches off the Oregon coast are serene in winter. Often one will find them sparsely populated with still many a mild day to enjoy the sandy beaches in the comfort of quiet.

I love the soft, muted colors that winter brings the Oregon coast. Soft pinks, muted hues.

I created a soft, whimsical, ocean inspired necklace and earrings set for the winter inspiration design challenge by ArtBeads.


I choose small, soft pink, button freshwater pearls to anchor the design. I used glowing crystal copper Swarovski roundelle crystals with antiqued fluted copper beads to add intrigue and finished with a large copper pendant in a sand dollar shape.

I created a pair of matching dangle earrings with the Swarovski crystals in a larger size and am pleased with the look.

I've never worked with button pearls before and I must say, I am delighted with them. Their soft pink color is very consistent.

The deary, wet days of winter are coming to a close but in the meantime, creating jewelry always brightens my day.

Cheers, Jenni



Disclosure: I am a Blogging for Beaders partner with ArtBeads.com. The above noted items were provided to me free of charge, to be used for design purposes, or for my honest review. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni, your necklace is beautiful and it does conjure up images of walking along the beach.

    One of my Sons is there right now as a counsellor for outdoor school :)

    Thanks for the B.Day wishes that was really sweet :)

    I Did get to enjoy the sunshine over the weekend with a walk with my other son who is home for Spring break, YAY!

    Hope all is well, take care, good to hear from you, regards T :)

    ReplyDelete