Saturday, January 8, 2011

Old Lady Perfume, A Tale to Lighten my Mood.

It's been more than a tough week in my little community. Our Chief of Police, was killed in the line of duty and in a town with 1800 residents, there's just no way you aren't affected by this. I've worked directly with our Chief in my role as a community volunteer and as a social worker in the county. I have the priveldge of working with some of his children, directly in my office and in the community as some of them serve as law enforcement officers. It's like a member of my own family has been senselessly taken from us.

So, as I was suffering the blues I created a blue inspired treasury on Etsy (I admit..it's pretty) and took a trip to the tiny mall in the neighboring town.

I'm getting low on my favorite perfume and I was set on getting more when..to my dismay....I discovered that my longtime favorite perfume had been moved to...gasp...the old lady perfume shelf!!!! I was dumbfounded, surely this was a mistake. My dear 'Amarige' next to...'White Shoulders'? Really!? with 'Poison' poised close by? Say it ain't so!

I looked the perky teenage salesgirl next to me and said, 'let's see about finding a new scent'.

To make matters worse, I dropped by the 'Clinique' counter to see about something for these increasingly visible lines around my eyes. I turn 35 this year and it's all gone to hell.

Well, I found a new perfume, got that wrinkle cream and left the mall with my head held high. (Just don't look too close at my hairline..I'm desperately in need of a hair color job as my roots, sprinkled in gray, are showing!)

I guess this weekend needs to be dedicated to some care of the heart and clearly...body.

Jenni

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenni, It is so sad about your Police Chief what an absolutely senseless waste of life. I am sure the community is pulling tog. to support the family, it is at times like these that we realize how important our communities are.

    Oh I laughed "Old Lady" perfume shelf who makes that decision. I hadn't even heard of it before :)

    That is awesome news that you might be moving to Willamette which is just down the hill from me :) Although we are wanting to downsize and move to P.Town but that may never happen. I love our home but it is too much work but I think it might be more work to move, who knows :)

    Anyway, have a lovely day, T, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- you are in our hearts, I am so sorry for you and your communities loss :( (P.S. you are not deserving of any "old lady" perfume, I saw your long beautiful blonde hair at the Christmas Eve party... pretty mamma ;) )

    ReplyDelete