Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's out of this world!

I finally made a necklace and earring set for myself, thanks to ArtBeads summer design challenge. I had a hard time choosing just one pendant for their store..but was inspired by the wooden painted pendant from their canvas on wood selections. I was re-reading one of my favorite Sci Fi authors Anne McCaffery over the summer, her 'Freedom Series' and the pendant I choose reminded me of the plant Botany.

I wanted to bring out the bold colors in the pendant and ArtBead's colorful section of glass beads was what I needed! I rounded out the project with Swarovski crystals and pretty dark denim blue lapis lazuli oval gemstones.

I'm thrilled with my new necklace set, I think it's out of this world! I have never worked with a painted wooden pendant, but it is very captivating and I think it will make a great conversation piece!

Take a peek at more of my new designs for Fall 2010, currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

Cheers, Jenni, DutchTouchBeads

Disclosure: I am a Blogging for Beaders partner with ArtBeads.com. The above noted items were provided to me free of charge, to be used for design purposes, or for my honest review. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

3 comments:

  1. Jenni, what a lovely set. These colours just pop and you will be so bright and cheery in the winter :)

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

    ReplyDelete