Monday, June 21, 2010

Updates from DutchTouchBeads

Hey Blogging Friends!
I apologize that I've been MIA over the last month! It's been a little crazy and not sure how the rest of summer will play out. I went through an extensive job interview process and ended up with an offer to work for the State of Oregon as a Social Worker. At the same time, my grandfather was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and this has caught our entire family quite off guard. I spent some valuable time with him last week and as this disease is rapidly advancing, it likely will be the last time I see him alive.
It is a humbling reality to know and understand.

In jewelry news, I spent much May and a few weekend in June selling at a local Saturday Market. I Loved It! What a wonderful way to connect with my little rural community and I had so many compliments on my jewelry, that was really quite uplifting.
Last weekend I dashed from the Saturday Market and drove an hour into the Portland area for a private jewelry show at a hospital for the nursing staff.
I love nurses! The show was a big success and I have been asked to come back and hold a show for Christmas! Wow!

The only downside to all this news is that my new employment endeavors will not allow me to have as much time to work on my jewelry. I've decided this is good and bad. Bad because I love creating jewelry SO much! But the good is that it will force me to really 'define' my style and stop trying to 'do it all'. It will be interesting to see what shape look my jewelry will take in the next year.
I hope you'll stick along for the ride!
Cheers to you my blogging friends ~ Jenni DutchTouchBeads

6 comments:

  1. Jenni, sending you some hugs girl. Sounds like you could use a few right about now. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Life is precious, and I'm really glad you got to spend some special time with him.

    Congrats on the new job and the exposure in your local market place! You are an incredible artist, so you shouldn't be surprised that everybody at your parties loved your jewelry and want you back!

    I'll be thinking about you and your grandpa.

    Hugs!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn! I appreciate your kind words and thoughts for my family! Hugs back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome sweetie! Just remember, love is eternal! :) Keep your spirit up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your granddad :( I'm glad you had the opportunity to be with him as much as you could. HOORAY for a new job, though sorry it's going to eat into your crafting time. I know if I was back to work, I'd miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenni, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It is really hard to deal with cancer at any age, isn't it :(
    It was great you got to spend time with your grandfather though. I am sure you are hugging and drawing strength from your little ones right now :)

    Congrats on the new job, I am sure you will be able to redefine your purpose and still create beautiful jewelry, way to go on the Christmas show too!

    You are a busy girl!

    Have a wonderful weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new job!

    And well and warm wishes to you and your family for your grandfather... it is hard news to hear.

    ReplyDelete