Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nature is the best inspiration

I am lucky to live in a state that has diverse ecological beauty. Oregon has lush fertile valleys, high deserts where the winter wheat ripples in the wind, a majestic coastline and snow capped mountains that divide the state from east to west.

These incredible sights inspire many of my jewelry designs. In Grant county, east of John Day are a set of mountains in the high desert called the 'Strawberry Mountains'.

I love the range of color found on these craggy hills. It is rugged country, remote and geologically rich with fossils and gemstones.

Here is a double strand necklace I recently created, inspired by the area. A rosy pink piece of Jasper anchors the design with varying shades of pink throughout the necklace.

Strawberry Mountains Double Strand Necklace

I feel blessed to live in a state full of such beautiful sights.
Cheers ~ Jenni DutchTouchBeads

2 comments:

  1. The jasper is gorgeous :) And I too feel very fortunate to live in Oregon :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours! I love the west coast... Oregon, Washington and of course BC!

    ReplyDelete