Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The *sweet* smell of Tillamook, Oregon

I'm on a bit of an adventure this week. I've traveled to the northern Oregon coast to the community of Tillamook. Known for it's awesome cheese...Tillamook is as a friend most aptly puts it...'The Valley of Cows' and boy is my nose getting a fresh reminder of that!

I'm training for an assignment with the US Census Bureau (yes, I know....like I don't have enough to do!) and have taken a bit of time off from the Day Job to come out, get trained and then complete my assignment and earn some extra cash for some projects around the house (see visions of new flooring floating in my head!)

But first, my nose needs an adjustment! Maybe a trip to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and a scoop of ice cream will set me straight?Cheers, Jenni ~ DutchTouchBeads

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the valley of cows, my friend. Sad to share this, but you are here on a "good" week... Just keep chanting, "farms + milk + cheese + jobs = smell is money" and then put your foot on the gas pedal, roll up windows and pray it doesn't linger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll do! I just can't believe how strong the smell is! But, I love Tillamook dairy products...so..it's gotta smell somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I go at the wrong time or I have got used to it but I never really notice the smell and I do have a very sensitive nose :) Love ice cream in Tillamook and the gift shop :)

    Have fun on your training, T.

    ReplyDelete