Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Beauty of Spring

In the Pacific Northwest our winters are wet and soggy. Even in a mild, El Nino year, such as we currently have, I find myself dreaming of March 2005, when I witnessed a rare event on the floor of Death Valley National Park: the floor of the valley was carpeted in a Desert Bloom!

To celebrate springs arrival, I've been invited by ArtBeads.com to design some jewelry that represents the Beauty of Spring to me.

I've designed a new necklace using a beautiful combination of Glass Beads and Swarovski Beads, in shades of pink, orange and coral to capture my vision of a spring time Desert Bloom. Czech pressed glass, crystals, and Swarovski pearls are deliberately chosen to create a one of a kind Boho Chic double strand necklace.

I love combining a variety of shapes and colors to create a completely unique look! Coupled with antiqued copper accent beads and findings, I'm quite pleased with this brand new creation :) ArtBeads.com always delights me with their colorful choices. Here are some matching earrings:

Thanks to ArtBeads.com for the opportunity to sample some awesome beads and swing by my shop to see what other spring goodies I've cooked up!
Cheers, Jenni @ DutchTouchBeads



Disclosure: I am a Blogging for Beaders partner with ArtBeads.com. The above noted items were provided to me free of charge, to be used for design purposes, or for my honest review. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces, I especially love the simplicity of the earrings. Your work is so pretty! Also, love your blog design! I found you through the Etsy blog love thread.

    Best wishes beading and blogging,
    Chelsea
    http://www.pixelcouture.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love those peachy colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely lovely! I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, they are so gorgeous, what an inspired girl you are :)

    Oh the rain is coming back :( Don't want that to squash my beautiful flowers :(

    Hope you are having a wonderful Monday, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warm colours... reminds me of all the cherry blossoms coming out.

    ps. fingers crossed still Canada takes gold hockey!! ;)

    ReplyDelete