Friday, January 8, 2010

Autumn Splendor Necklace

My first try combining colorful tumbled nuggets and antiqued brass components was a success. It was inspired by a request from my Father In-Law who needed a special gift for his niece (my husbands dear cousin) for Christmas.
Creating a jewelry piece with a special person in mind is really my favorite way to make jewelry. Our dear cousin is a tall, athletic gal with an incredible nurturing soul. She is stylish and creative, so creative in fact that she designs her own bicycling clothing.
I used tumbled turquoise magnesite nuggets in a colorful array with a pretty antiqued brass filagree clasp. Simple, but statement making..that was my hope to achieve.
I created two necklaces, the second of which is for sale at my shop.
Autumn Splendor Boho Chic Necklace.

Happy Beading ~ Jenni DutchTouchBeads

5 comments:

  1. Great warm colors. She probably loved it when she opened it... always so nice to get something custom made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super gift to receive. The colors are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I really love the colors :)It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, and excellent photos

    ReplyDelete