Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday Thankful Spirit

Today I'm thankful for losing my job last winter. I felt desperate and depressed at the time but here are a few things the time off gave me:
1) Hours and hours to spend with my kiddo's.
2) A chance to have the time to give 'opening up a handmade jewelry' shop a try.
3) Time to spend cooking (which I otherwise loath).
4) Time to spend chatting and catching up with old friends (hooray for Facebook!)

This weekend I'll take the next step in my jewelry making career; I've agreed to sell at our local Saturday Market for the rest of their season.

I've always wanted to do this, just never had the time or belief in myself that I could do it.

But tonight anyway..I'll be making pumpkin and apples pies! And if it turns out as nice as this..I'll be thrilled!

Happy Thanksgiving! Jenni ~ DutchTouchBeads

3 comments:

  1. Very nice post and great things to be thankful for. The pie looks yummy. I hope mine turns out just as great as the pic. too.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post :) Congrats on your new jewelry path - may it be very successful. Awesome that your thankful for your job loss & all that came long with it... I admire your good attitude :) Best of luck & may your jewelry sell, sell, sell!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! That pie looks very yummy.... perhaps you can mail a piece over here? :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete