Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday Thankful Spirit

My quest this week is to remind myself of what is truly important and to be thankful for those things dear to me.
The most important and precious thing I have is my family. Ten years ago, I thought I had my path ironed out. Career path, check, saving for home ownership, check, good social life, check..keeping fit, check. I am proud to announce that I have completely derailed from my list :) What I've gained instead are a wonderful husband and two beautiful children.

I really did not understand how much my heart could love. It was entirely untapped. My husband and my kids make me want to be a better person, a person that thinks about her impact on her community, her friends, co-workers and a person who finally has gained the confidence to shake off the 'rat race' and find peace by paving my own path.

Today, I am so thankful for my family.

Cheers ~ Jenni, DutchTouchBeads

2 comments:

  1. Hi DutchTouch
    I love this post so moving. It is so great to hear of some one finding such a wonderful path and new things about themselves. Also your family is just adorable. You all look so cute together. Thanks for the big warm feeling and a smile. Happy thanksgiving
    Cappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenni, what a sweet blog post, so heartfelt.

    With all my kids gone in different directions this holiday week, I am relieved people are taking them in and I am glad I do not have to cook :) I am looking forward to Christmas when everyone will be tog. again :)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your adorable family :) Regards, T. :)

    ReplyDelete