Monday, October 19, 2009

Swarovski Crystallized Copper Elements Review

I admit it. I have yet to experiment with more high end beading pieces because I haven't taken my handmade jewelry in that direction. I've been creating more and more intricate earrings, experimenting with different elements, colors and higher quality of goods.
I was really surprised and pleased when Art Beads gave me a shout out for my jewelry blogging and asked if I would be interested in checking out some Swarovski Crystallized Elements.

So..I took advantage of their kindness and ordered some Copper colored crystal beads, shapes and sizes that I don't normally work with and here is what I've come up with so far.

Pineapple Express Earrings

Along with antiqued copper findings, I've used a twisted Swarovski faceted crystal 18mm coin. This is my first time using a larger crystallized element. I was impressed with how this bead caught the light, especially with it's 'twisted nature' tee hee. It had a nice weight and the finish was excellent.

Here in the Pacific NW..Pineapple Express has a different connotation than a) fruit or b) funny movie. In November, we often get sizable WET storms that move across the jet stream, carried across the Pacific Ocean from more tropical latitudes. Often these storms have high winds, flooding and create a lot of damage. Local meteorologists call it 'The Pineapple Express'.

Copper Glow Earrings
In this earring set, I've used 10mm and 8mm Swarovski Faceted Crystal Copper round beads. Paired with antiqued copper caps, this design reminded me the glow of a warm lantern hanging out to steer a weary traveler home...I guess I've been reading a bit of Robert Frost lately ;) Again, the quality of the beads was excellent. I think either set of earrings would be a great gift for someone with a November birthday ~ it's a slightly different take on the topaz birthstone.

So..blog land, what do you think of the designs? I'd love feedback from my fantastic fellow artists and blog readers..it's always nice to have other perspectives.

Cheers, Jenni
DutchTouchBeads

5 comments:

  1. beautiful! I LOVE swarovski crystals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni, well from an Artists perspective I like the colour combinations and the textural elements give the pieces depth and character! From my female perspective I LOVE them :) Regards, T. (glad you loved the artwork!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the first set. They're very simple and yet extremely elegant. I also like the subtle color choice. Thanks too for the encouraging comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the copper glow earrings! So romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the copper/amber colour...great fall colour!

    ReplyDelete