Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Featured Esty Artist of the Week - Bookity!

Happy Wednesday ~ I'm traveling across the pond to put the spotlight on an intriguing Etsy artist in Reading, UK (home to one of my favorite soccer (football) teams).

Many of us share a love of books, pursues, shoes and accessories..but what if you could combine a few of those? Say, books & pursues? If this sounds interesting to you..read on...Bookity has done just that!

Bookity has taken used or unwanted books and re-purposed them into handbags, gift tags, and other unique gifts for those with a love of the written word.

Here are a few of my favorite things in Bookity's shop:

Gift Tags ~ made from Ghost Stories

A clever way to say, 'Happy Halloween' with spooky prose and artwork.

Orange and Brown recycled Handbag ~ made from a book of Tom Jones

Fantastic colors and a great book to boot! I love her choice of fabrics and how she utilized them both in the interior and on the handle.

Red Free standing Clock ~ made from a vintage book

I can't express how delightfully unique this idea is! (granted...I'm not the most well traveled..but I do search on Etsy for interesting sellers..frequently) I love the 'true red' cover of this book and re-purposing it into a clock is such a wonderful idea..especially for those of us who truly do love the written word.

I encourage you to click around Bookity's shop
and search for more treasures! She has coin pursues, vintage buttons, wallet & card holders too :)

Buying Handmade items for gifts, especially with the holidays quickly approaching is such a lovely way to say...I was thinking especially of you.

Cheers,
Jenni
DutchTouchBeads@etsy

5 comments:

  1. Bookity has some really great items. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni, wow! They are amazing. How clever people are!

    BTW, I used to live in Reading, my eldest was born there before we moved to the USA. Small world, isn't it?

    Thanks for sharing Bookity with us :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds!... am loving the ghostly tags... how clever and spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool shop! I'm a total bookworm. :)

    ReplyDelete