Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Featured Etsy Seller 'Mountain Mist'

A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon this shop and was truly delighted. I have a great appreciation of the fiber arts, especially hand spun creations.
I taught myself (retaught..my Dutch Oma taught me all of it as a young girl before she passed away..but I'd forgotten) to crochet again when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I successfully crocheted blankets for both kid-lits and am quite proud of my accomplishments...but oh, there is so much I would like to learn and do....just even to get the hang of knitting again!
The fiber artist MountainMist on Etsy,
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=44828
has a delightful selection for hats, scarves, bags and even Christmas stockings! This husband and wife team hand-spins many of the yarn they use. Their shop features knitted and crocheted creations. Here are a few of my favorites:
Super Soft Aran Short Row Knitted Cap ~

It is an original design! I'm thinking I might have to have this one, it would look super cute w/my blond locks.

Lilac and Black Crocheted Lined Hosiery Bag from Angora and Merino ~

What a wonderful gift to give a working gal! I despise nylons with all my heart..but sadly...it's required in my workplace and many others. I think having beautiful handmade bag to store them in would be a delightful!

Double Knitted Reversible Ribbed Scarf in Shades of Pumpkin ~

The color and shape of this scarf says...crisp Autumn Mornings..I am ready for you! I love flair at the ends.

Check out this great fiber artist ~ www.MountainMist.etsy.com. If I read her profile right..looks like shes out of my old stomping grounds of Tualatin, Oregon! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for cozy scarves and hats..it's time to accessorize for fall ~
Cheers, Jenni

7 comments:

  1. Very nice feature. And beautiful items. Will check her out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her shop - and what a fabulous article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute items. I am still struggling with crochet...argh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get my yarn out! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice feature - love that autumn scarf!

    ReplyDelete