Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cannon Beach, Oregon

We took a quick trip West & South to escape to the delightful ocean side town of Cannon Beach, Oregon.I was looking forward to letting the kids play in the sand and grabbing a quick minute for myself to pop into my favorite shop 'The Golden Whale' for some lovely jewelry selections.

I found a unique pair of Lemon Crystophase earrings and matching pendant. Every year I try to treat myself to something from this charming boutique. As I'm able to make most types of jewelry, I like to look for stones that I don't normally come across, such as I found today.

After some boisterous fun rolling down sand banks, the kids were ready for lunch and we hit Fultano's for some thin crust pizza and bread sticks.


We timed it all well. Cannon Beach is a popular play ground for the Portland Metro area and many of us (such as my own family) had to cancel Labor Day Weekend Camping plans the prior weekend due to foul, wet and cold weather. The weather was mild and soft today, just perfect.


Cannon Beach looking SouthLooking North



We departed around 1pm. Our days revolve around nap-time..such as it is with little ones. They snoozed comfortably in the car during the drive home.

All in all a grand day at the Oregon Coast.
Cheers ~ Jenni

See my other blogs for some varying perspectives

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a grand day out on the north west coast!

    It was rainy and steamy here in Texas. Barely a touch of fall... Oh well, it's on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it there... we visited there this past summer... wish i could go back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni, yep it does look like we both had the same idea! :)

    I love cannon beach too! It is always a toss up between there and Lincoln City depending on what we want to do. :)

    Love your photos!

    regards, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to travel up the Oregon coast sometime!

    ReplyDelete