Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Some needed Critique

I ventured into the Etsy forums yesterday and found myself in a thread where you offer a critic of the shop that previously posted.

I got some very helpful feedback, granted it was stuff I already know, but its meaningful to hear it from someone else. One particular feedback was regarding the 'overwhelming' taupe background. I knew it was bad, but *cringe* didn't know it was quite that bad. Well, fair enough, I've needed to invest in a camera that can give me better close ups and now that is has arrived, I REALLY need to learn how to use it to remedy the background problem.

Etsy and selling online has been a completely uphill learning curve for me and I previously considered my self fairly tech savvy. I am learning not only how to run my own cottage industry but to also utilize tools that can help me better understand what is and what is not working. I appreciate the opportunity for other Etsy shop owners to give input regarding my shop because there is a formula as to what works and what does not. I think I'm about halfway there.

So..trucking onward! And hopefully in the next few weeks better photo's will appear to offer a better view of the great colors and designs I'm offering!

Onward and Upward!
~Jenni

3 comments:

  1. There is always sugar and sour in those threads...Its like you really appreciate the honest critism, and you can grow from it. But sometimes its hard to hear :( I've cringed too you are not alone. I think your shop is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonzai, agreed! I know my shop will be ever evolving...sigh...now if I could just do it full time! cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the forums can be pretty brutal sometimes! I think your stuff looks great, though I know I can relate to the whole 'needing a new camera' thing!

    ReplyDelete