Sunday, May 31, 2009

Arabella and the Amerikan Dream

I designed this simple but sweet three strand blue necklace earlier this spring. I was inspired by a book I was reading called Generations.

I was reading about one of the first ships that sailed from England, carrying some of our countries first 'aliens'. The name of the ship was Arabella, a very beautiful name. I was inspired to design something cool, like the waves that splashed against the bow of the ship, but also something fine, as these people were leaving their comfortable lives and fine things behind.

This is what I came up with.




I used peach rice pearls, chrysanthemum stone and pretty aqua glass. On the back I put an silver extender clasp so that it's owner could determine their own desired length.

Today, I was notified that this necklace was featured in a fashion blog. I've never have had that happen before. I'm quite flattered.

http://theeamerikandream.onsugar.com/3219976

Thanx Amerikan Dream for noticing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment